How To Choose Anti Fatigue Floor Mat For Your Home
Anti fatigue floor mats are designed in such a way that they help in reducing any kind of physical pain, strain or fatigue a person is undergoing due to long hours of standing on hard surfaces, like ceramic tiles or wooden floors. As standing in one place on hard surfaces leads to minimizing the blood circulation within the body and creates powerful pressure points in the joints thereby causing fatigue in the body and this is why you need to purchase these anti fatigue floor mats and place them in areas where you are likely to stand for several hours on them, such as in the kitchen, near the stove and wash basin area.
These anti fatigue floor mats act as a cushion for the sole of your feet and then help in working to reduce the foot stress caused by standing. There are different types of anti fatigue floor mats which can be used for both home and office environments, as they are designed to suit everybody’s physical stature and pressure points.
Different types of anti fatigue floor mats to choose from
1. Carpet: These anti fatigue floor mats are generally used for home use, as they work best in reducing fatigue. These come with rubber backing, anti slip protection underneath and are also easy to wash when dirtied.
2. Vinyl: Manufacturing industries that require their workers to stand for longs hours in one place use these vinyl anti fatigue floor mats. These mats can also be used at home, in garages and offer an option for easy washing.
3. Foam: These floor mats are very thin in size and are generally used by those people who do very light work. They can also be washed as they are covered with vinyl. These mats look great for kitchen floors, however they don’t serve well for standing long hours.
4. Rubber: These mats can be placed in a garage or a child’s play ground, as the surface is very hard and choice of decoration is minimal. These mats cannot be washed easily but can be mopped when required for a cleanup. Since these are thick and dense, they offer better support to the overall body starting from the legs.
5. Gel-filled: These mats come with a shock-absorbing gel at the core which help in acting as a cushion and also reducing lower back pain, promotes blood and oxygen flow in the body etc. But these mats are quite expensive especially if you are going to use them on a daily basis.
Tips on how to choose the right kind of anti fatigue floor mats for your home
1. Duration: Determine the number of hours you will be standing in a particular place, so that you can choose the right type of mat for the place.
2. Surface material: If the floor you are standing on is made of a hard material then you definitely need these anti fatigue floor mats to protect your legs.
3. Movement: If your requires you to move around a particular area then you may not require these mats at all, as there is a movement in the legs.
4. Placement: If you short floor mats, then don’t place them in places where everyone is going to trample upon them. Place them only where only 2-3people are walking.
When it comes to relieving body pain, anti fatigue floor mats work wonders especially for those people who need to stand for hours together. They come in pretty good designs and styles, so that you can match them with the interior d