For many homeowners, the spring is the beginning of the real estate season. If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market this year, be sure to follow our 7 tips for selling your home to save money and time.
Get your home ready to sell:
1. If you have carpet, get it professionally cleaned and then lay our Carpet Film Plastic Protection over all carpeted areas, so it stays clean despite all of the foot traffic that comes with showing your home. For less than $100, you can ensure your floors are ready to show at a moment’s notice!
2. Add an Exterior Mat to your entrance. It not only looks more welcoming, but it will help prevent potential buyers dragging leaves and other debris into your home.
3. If your dining room lacks interest or drama, consider installing Chair Rail Trim to your walls. It will make your home’s interior appear more custom, in addition to preventing wall damage caused by dining room chairs. The Millwork Collection by Johnsonite is more affordable and durable than wood alternatives.
4. Buyers don’t like to see a stained, dirty garage but they often do. Have your property stand out in a good way by installing Diamond Plate Floor Tiles in your garage — it will become a “gear-head’s” dream. It will also showcase the space as super functional, since it can be both a garage and the ultimate man cave! Interlocking Diamond Plate Floor Tiles are easy to install and cost less than $5/square foot.
5. If your home has a patio that appears worn, consider resurfacing it yourself with Chemsol Anti Slip Coating. Hide wear and tear, while adding design flair like a hue like Tile Red to your backyard. Buyers will love your patio’s rejuvenated look, in addition to it being an added safety feature.
6. Buyers are turned off by clutter, so make sure your home is clean and organized. By adding Peg Boards to craft, office and garage areas, you’ll impress buyers with how much additional storage space your home offers.
7. Add curb appeal with fresh landscaping and a new American Flag displayed off a porch. An American flag will add visual interest and bring some color to the front of your home, without offending would-be buyers.